We are proud that we provide an extensive range of Clubs and Extra Curricular Activities to enrich our children’s learning in school. We have a number of educational day trips out, plus two residential camp visits (in Year 4 and Year 6). We also have a rich variety of visitors to the school, including theatre groups, historians, scientists, musicians, storytellers, representatives of local charities and businesses, as well as secondary colleagues and representatives of different faith groups.
Please note the following information about clubs:
- Please check the clubs listing for exact dates when clubs will run and when they start and finish as it may vary. They do not run in Parent Consultation weeks.
- Clubs are cancelled only in exceptional circumstances, with notice in advance, usually via text message or telephone. Please do not phone the school to ask whether a club is cancelled.
- Where a member of staff is unable to run his/her club as usual, someone else will cover and will endeavour to do the planned activity. This may not always be possible (due to the expertise of the usual adult in charge) so children will be otherwise occupied and supervised.
- Specific club news will be given in the weekly Newsletter.
- Please ensure your child has the right clothing/equipment for each club.
- If your child cannot attend a club, please ensure that you inform the adult-in-charge in writing in advance. If your child is absent from school unexpectedly on a club day for him/her, please remember to inform the office of which clubs he/she will be missing.
Peripatetic music lessons are provided by Music for Schools Foundation. They provide music teachers in school for a wide range of instrumental music tutition in brass and woodwind. They visit the school every 18 months or so and give a presentation to parents and children but can be contacted via their website at any time if you wish to book lessons for your child.